Saturday, August 23, 2014

Crank Brothers M-19 Multitool Review


Making the case to take up bicycling again was a no brainer... I needed to get back in shape & it's a great low-impact sport that only requires a little exercise, includes beautiful scenery, and once you learn, you never forget how to ride. Plus, it fits the self-reliant philosophy of reliable sustainable transportation.
Getting my 30 year old road bike ride-worthy is one thing, KEEPING it ride worthy ON THE ROAD is another. I need tools to take with me as I ride, otherwise I'd risk hiking back home, lugging a broken bike.

Fortunately there's a wide selection of handy multitools available for cyclists,as an alternative to towing a roll-around tool box. This review is of one of these mini-wonders that for me, offers the most bang for the buck...(definitely a "best bang for the buck" kind of guy)

There are cheaper & more expensive tools, but one brand in particular... Crank Brothers... is the cream that rises to the top of the Cycling Industry, offering serious top-grade bike parts, accessories & tools, and of their multi-tools, one model offers the most tools of all... the M-19.
Imagine carrying all common metric allen wrenches, bristol keys, phillips & straight screwdrivers, 2 nut wrenches, a chain breaker, and all the common spoke wrenches that fit most bicycles, and fit them all in your pocket. That, in a nutshell, is what the M-19 delivers, in a package smaller than your wallet, WITHOUT taking a big bite out of it too!
I'm ready for the road, now that I got me a pocket FULL of tools!  available here

No comments:

Post a Comment